Ethos and Values
Our Vision statement
Our vision has been created by the Ethos and Welfare Committee, Staff and pupils. It drives everything we do at Buckland St. Mary C of E School.
‘ That they may have life, life in all its fullness. ‘ John 10:10
At BSM C of E Primary School everyone matters. We strive to be an inclusive community providing an outstanding education for all. Our lives are enriched through the teaching of Christian Values to grow as global citizens in an ever-changing world.
The Christian values that we promote are: Respect, Responsibility, Perseverance, Integrity, Tolerance and Courage.
We aim to:
• Develop in our children an understanding of Christianity and the place of God in our world and in our lives
• Provide each child with the ultimate learning experience to enable them to achieve the highest standards
• Inspire a love of lifelong learning
• Equip our children with the skills and tools to become global citizens
• Equip our children to deal with change
• Respect individuality and celebrate diversity
• Motivate and enable all to achieve their personal best
• Create a safe and trusting environment where children are encouraged to express opinion, be independent learners, take responsibility, and improve by learning from their experiences
• Praise all types of achievement
• Create in all a sense of belonging